Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The physicians and staff of NEGACC are committed to the best possible outcome for every patient who walks through our doors. We recognize the fundamental right of each cancer patient to the highest standard of care in treatments, technologies and clinical trials of the newest therapies -- all delivered with compassion and respect for individual dignity.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Coordination of Care between you and NEGACC medical and radiation oncologists and other specialists as needed to discuss treatment plans, related issues and progress;
- Oncologists who always take call - 24 hours a day, seven days a week - for patients in the hospital or at home;
- A clinic that is open each weekday to monitor patient blood counts for optimum treatment scheduling and to provide IV fluids and medications that help reduce ER visits between treatments;
- An onsite COLA-certified lab, a patient-oriented pharmacy and full-time social workers;
- Clinical trials of NCI cooperative group and pharmaceutical company therapies for medically eligible patients in the Athens clinic. We believe that as new discoveries move from the laboratory to the clinic, our patients - like those in New York, Houston, Birmingham or Boston - are entitled to the best therapies medical science can provide;
- Physicians who spend time listening to patients with respect and addressing their needs and fears with honesty;
- We have nine locations including seven satellite offices and two main locations in Athens;
- An ethic that values second opinions -- especially from NCI Comprehensive Cancer Centers;
- Participation in nearly every insurance plan, Medicare, Medicaid and Cancer State Aid as well as pro bono care for indigent patients;
- A belief that everyone, regardless of income, is entitled to medical care. We have never turned away an uninsured patient;
- Appreciation for integrative care to treat the whole person. We support complementary therapies such as acupuncture, nutritional programs and meditation. We encourage patients to take advantage of appropriate genetic testing, health education and financial counseling. Our full-time social worker can help patients navigate the complex emotions and issues of cancer diagnosis and treatment;
- An understanding that although more and more people who cannot be cured will live with treatment for cancer as a chronic disease, there are times when therapy no longer works. When that happens, our focus on palliative care and aggressive pain management is widely appreciated;
- An entire staff devoted to maintaining each patient's quality of life including hugs and openness to the diversity of patient views about life, religion, health and healing -- all of which supports treatment compliance.
- Elaine Ziegler
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!