Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
United Way of New York City creates and supports strategic initiatives that address the root causes of critical human care problems in order to achieve measurable improvement in the lives of the city's most vulnerable residents and communities.
Throughout our work, we partner with neighborhood agencies, government, business, foundations, volunteers and others so that collectively we can achieve more than any one organization working alone.
Through our Community Action Strategy, we set goals and report progress in 5 Action Areas:
- Homelessness Prevention
- Access to Health Care
- Building Economic Independence
- Strengthening NYC Nonprofits
- Pinpoints specific populations at most risk within each Action Area;
- Builds strategies that focus on root causes of problems, not just symptoms;
- Brings together agencies, government and foundations to collaborate on solutions so that we maximize, not duplicate efforts;
- Tracks progress and reports results back to donors.
- Matthew Velez
- (212) 251-2514
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!