Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To Support, educate, and advocate until there is a cure for severe an persistent mental illness.
NAMI-DE is a statewide organization of families, mental health consumers, friends, and professionals dedicated to improving the quality of life for those affected by life-changing brain diseases such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression. The organization achieves improvement by:
- Providing support and coping strategies to families dealing with serious mental illness;
- Promoting and delivering educational opportunities to improve the quality of life and to eliminate stigma;
- Advocating to assure adequate in-patient and community-based mental health services for all Delawareans afflicted with serious mental illness. This continuum of advocacy takes place at three interdependent levels:
- Identifying and advocating for the needs of an individual,
- Identifying and advocating at the grass roots level for specific issues broadly impacting the organization’s stakeholders,
- Identifying and advocating for systemic improvements to the delivery of care and services.
- Developing a variety of safe, affordable quality housing opportunities for persons with serious mental illness;
- Supporting research to unlock the mysteries still surrounding these brain diseases
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!