Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of the Center is to:
Provide poor and needy children in the targeted inner city communities mentioned above who are under the age of five with intervention support designed to expose such children from early ages to a variety of quality centered learning experiences by which their unique natural capabilities could be tapped towards providing a springboard to lives of unlimited possibilities.
- Operate an early intervention program which focuses on identifying and providing services to needy children with at-risk situations (such as drug addicted mothers), and developmental delays. This sector of the program helps to address problems such as ADHD, ADD, and other forms of delay which can interfere with a child's ability to function academically, socially, and physically.
- Provide poor and needy children in targeted communities from early ages with intervention programs in music, drawing, math, English, reading, training in piano, keyboard, percussions, saxophone, Cellos, vocals and music writing.
Equip needy youths who participate in the program with skills in resume preparation and interviewing capabilities and that enables them to find and keep jobs; specifically equipping potential job applicants with capacities to prepare relevant r???'????sum???'????'s and deport themselves properly at job interviews when they attempt to secure jobs.
Train needy youths in job skills and other capabilities and bridge such to organizations through which they could be apprenticed in construction, plumbing and other trades.
- Match needy youths with qualified vendors through which they could become apprenticed in plumbing, carpentry, electrician mechanic, HVAC, computers hardware and other technical skills. This may be implemented through the Center's Employment Agency, which would be part of the non profit activities of the organization.
- To help senior citizens, the homeless and the disabled bridge to agencies through which they could access social service and other elements by which they could live their lives in comfort and happiness.
- To operate a food pantry that sources food from other non profit organizations, and distribute same to the hungry poor, homeless, senior citizens, the disable and others in New York City and elsewhere.
Ultimately, the center operates as a bridge mechanism through which the needy could access the resources of the City, State, the big business sector and the nation, as they attempt to transit themselves into becoming responsible citizens in their communities.
SHEDEV commununity Outreach Center is an organization locatedin a predominantly minority neighbhood of Brooklyn, NY
The coorporation has opened a new state-of-the- art child development in the Flatbush areas of Brooklyn. The center has a Montessori-like curriculum with strong focus on the ARTS (piano, guitar, voice training, percussion etc). Activties also include Karate and gymnastics.They are currently seeking volunteer musicians, artists, Karate teachers, gymnists etc. They are looking for people who loves working with children, and desires to make an impact on the future of our nation.