Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NSBE's Mission: "To increase the number of culturally responsible Black engineers, who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community."
The National Society of Black Engineers - Charlotte Professionals Chapter (NSBE-CP) is a 503(C) (3) non-profit association represented by technical and professional members throughout the Charlotte Metropolitan area. NSBE-CP is dedicated to increasing the participation of African-Americans and other underrepresented groups in the fields of engineering and technology from pre-college to professional. NSBE-CP works to ensure that students and professionals at all levels develop the skills necessary to excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact their communities.
- Encourage and advise minority youth in their pursuit of an engineering career.
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines.
- Strive to increase the number of Black students studying engineering at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Develop the technical and professional skills of our members.
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain/maintain professional engineering certification.
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks and other minorities in the profession.
- To offer a rewarding experience for current and potential members through opportunities to contribute toward the NSBE mission.
- To improve college recruitment, retention, graduation, and the ultimate success of professional Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs by establishing strategic alliances among people of African descent.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!