Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
THE ODYSSEY MISSIONSTATEMENT To Serve All People During the End of Life's Journey.
YCCOM: "YOU CAN COUNT ON ME"
Our commitment is embodied in the Odssey team member phrase "YCCOM: You Can Count on Me." Our volunteers are indispensable members of our care-giving team.
Odyssey Hospice is searching for reliable, compassionate volunteers to visit with patients in New Castle and Smyrna counties. I would love to have volunteers who are willing to do any of the following:
- share companionship/ social visits with patients
- spend time doing specially directed activities with our Alzheimer's/ Dementia patients
- provide music therapy
- share the gift of pet therapy
- help out in the Odyssey office in Wilmington
- do activities with other Odssey Volunteers as a group at local long term care facilities
- make bereavement visits with families who have recently had a loss
- work from your home to make crafts to be presented to Odyssey patients
- take a patient outside
- help patients stay focused a meal time
- provide short periods of respite care for caregivers
- give the gift of presence or hold the hand of a patient who is non-communicate
- take a patient to an activiy at their facility
Orientation and training will be provided at your convenience. I can help you with ideas/ activities for your patient visits if needed. Volunteers of all ages are welcome. If you are interested in volunteering your time please let me know... we would be honored to have you as a part of the Odyssey family !
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!