Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is our mission to engage kids and their families in climate change by motivating them to take simple, measurable actions to conserve energy. Collectively, these actions, and an increased awareness of energy, will make a significant impact on global warming.
Cool the Earth is a non-profit organization which has partnered with gov't agencies such as the Bay Area Air district, with the mission of motivating kids and their families to take action at home to reduce their carbon emissions. We are all about Civic Engagement!. We are in 100 schools in the US and in three years we have grown from 1 school to 100 school communities and have already motivated over 40,000 kids and their families to take over 80,000 actions at home to reduce their carbon output.
We are not about "greening your school" but about Civic engagement and motivating families to reduce their emissions.
A brief overview of Cool the Earth Inc:
· Grassroots program founded by concerned parents in California
· Launched in 2007 in 2 schools and expanded to 25 schools in 2008; we are now reaching over 95 schools nationwide.
· Offering a school-to-home K-8 program that is not curriculum based. We use an innovative method that engages children at school and gives them the tools to catalyze their parents to take energy efficient actions at home.
- Cool the Earth has established key public/private partnerships with The Bay Area Air District, The Climate Project, Girl Scouts of Northern California, Marin Community Foundation, Marin Conservation Corps, Strategic Energy Innovations, Marin Municipal Water District and Safe Routes to School.
- In 2009 Cool the Earth was awarded an excellence Award by the California Air Resources Board. Cool the Earth was also the recipient of the Jefferson Award, a program of the American Institute for Public Service and a "Clean Air" Award from Breathe California.
The 4-6 month program launches with a school-wide assembly featuring an age-appropriate play, which educates children about global warming and empowers them to take 20 low or no-cost actions to reduce their energy use at home.
You can find much more information about our program at (http://www.cooltheearth.org)
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!