The 2018 hurricane season has been extraordinarily active in parts of the U.S., with Hurricane Florence currently impacting millions in the Carolinas. As this natural disaster unfolds, the staff here at VolunteerMatch is doing its part to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you are prepared and safe. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know about the most effective ways to contribute.
Community Success InitiativeCommunity Success Initiative
The mission of the organization is to help make the world a better place through programs that help individuals and communities be aware of personal growth and "success" principles, inspire others to reach their potential, and help build vibrant and ... Read more
The mission of the organization is to help make the world a better place through programs that help individuals and communities be aware of personal growth and "success" principles, inspire others to reach their potential, and help build vibrant and healthy communities
The C.O.R.E. Program has 5 KEY components designed to motivate, support, and encourage participants to achieve their "Personal Success Plan" through organized, systematic, structured training and mentorship. Participants learn how to become self sufficient, achieving goals in education, career, and personal development. Our 5 component program called "
Project R.E.A.C.H. " stands for:
1. Restore: Through one-on-one mentoring, participants will begin to restore their lives and begin to create a personal plan for success. Mentors will work with participants on developing their plans and creating steps to achieve their goals.
2. Empower: Training is offered to participants, under the S.T.E.M. Initiative (Science, Technology, Engineer, Mathematics) to help motivate, encourage, and empower them to explore new career options that have been identified "as high growth for future markets".
3. Achieve: through interpersonal skill building seminars and training, participants will have the opportunity to learn techniques to help with conflict resolution, positive choice selection, and healthy relationship development.
4. Communicate: Parents and guardians are required to participate in this section of the program where they will be encouraged to actively participate in sessions designed to teach healthy parenting skills, communication and conflict resolution. These sessions are hosted by certified counselors trained in each of these areas.
5. Help: In this experimental skills building component, participants will have the opportunity to learn techniques to positively express their views in an open forum environment. Students will participate in public speaking training that will help participants become community activist for change.