Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The vision of SERUDS is to mitigate the sufferings, turmoil, trails & tribulations of deprived and downtrodden sections of the society to ensure equity, empowerment and justice.
To promote socio, economic, health, education and culture through participatory approach focusing children, adolescents and women, who are being deprived and oppressed in the society.
SERUDS works for the elevation of under privileged Children, Women and Youth using holistic approach that addresses the physical, educational, environmental and economic welfare of the community. By working in this approach, SERUDS aims to facilitate the self-sufficiency of families and whole communities. Ultimately, SERUDS visualizes global transformation through local change.
A Team of youth activists, who have passion in social service and compassion towards the sufferings of the disadvantaged sections of the society have come together and formed SERUDS. Itregistered under the Societies Registration Act.35 of 2001 in the year 2003, vide Regd.No.264/2003 and also registered under the FCRA, 12A & 80G of Income Tax Exemption Act, 1961. SERUDS is registered with GIVE INDIA, GLOBAL GIVING, CREDIBILITY ALLIANCE & GUIDE STAR INDIA.
Our proudest achievements for current year
- Provided educational material to 100 disabled students
- Skills of 35 women and girls in Tailoring & embroidery enhanced and assisted livelihood support by providing sewing machines.
- 30 tribal women were trained in bamboo making and assisted in establishment of self employment units.
- 840 students, women and youth were created awareness through meatout campaign.
- 90 educated youth trained in computer education and provided placement in different enterprises.
- 72 victims of domestic violence were assisted with counseling and escort services.
- Habitants of 30 villages were sensitized on food safety, quality control of drugs and integrated development.
- Baseline survey on natural and human resources was conducted in 6 villages