- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Immigrants & Refugees
Location4059 Bryan Ave.Fort Worth, TX 76115 United States
Empowering the local Church to serve the most vulnerable.
In community with the local Church, World Relief envisions the most vulnerable people transformed economically, socially, and spiritually.
- The Example of Jesus as we serve those who are suffering from poverty and injustice, regardless of color, belief, or gender, as part of God's plan to redeem, reconcile, and restore the world. We seek to follow Jesus by living holy, humble, and honest lives individually and corporately.
- The Local Church as a primary agent of bringing peace, justice, and love to a broken world. The integrated "word" and "deed" dimensions of God's mandate, as evidenced through the church's integral, or transformational, mission are necessary to bringing reconciliation and restoration to God, others, and the environment.
- People whether staff, volunteers, clients, beneficiaries, donors, and or partners, as important actors in bringing peace, love, and justice. We recognize and affirm World Relief as a multicultural organization and seek to understand and respect the multiplicity of cultures among us. As we seek change in the world, we recognize that we, too, are changed, by those we serve.
- Excellence/Continuous Improvement in all our program initiatives and support services, following best practices and standards in a manner that is sustainable to the community from a spiritual, social, and economic perspective. We also seek to apply our human and financial resources in such ways that maximize impact and sustain benefits to the greatest number of people.
- Empowerment by prioritizing the leadership and participation of those we serve, whether people, churches, or local institutions, as critical to creating and sustaining change. We seek to catalyze a movement of worldwide volunteers to multiply impact, and we value capacity-building as a means towards that end.
- Partnership by seeking, facilitating, and promoting collaboration among all stakeholders, including local governments, the worldwide church, mission agencies, other NGO's, and the business community, recognizing partnership as essential to serving the most vulnerable. We believe each expression of the worldwide Church has a unique and interdependent role in bringing peace and justice to the world.
- Prayer as the priority and foundational to accomplishing our mission.
World Relief Fort Worth is a registered non-profit organization that resettles legal refugees to America from various parts of the world, including Burma, Sudan, Congo, Eritrea, Somalia, Bhutan and many other nations. These are people who are forced to leave their homes because of persecution related to race, religion, politics, nationality or social class. Our office helps them start their new lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area by providing housing, English language learning, employment assistance, job training, medical support, and case management services for hundreds of newly arriving refugees each year.
Refugees have come from desperate situations throughout the world right to our doorsteps and they are hungry for friends and community here in America. Your volunteerism will make a big difference in the life of a refugee family as you will be providing the friendship they desire so greatly. As you help them with basic life skills such as English training, cultural orientation, and job assistance, they will soon be on the road to self-sufficiency.
By serving refugees, you will be a changed person who has a bigger picture of the world, its conflicts and impacts on real lives. You will develop meaningful relationships, experience various cultures, and mature in your ability to serve cross-culturally. Often times, the volunteer needs the relationship just as much as the refugee. Above all, you will see how God works to show Christ to people in a dramatic stage of transition in their lives.