During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
We are a coalition of more than 20 diverse Idaho non-profits working together to advance social, economic and environmental justice in our state, promote the health of our citizens and community by providing all people with access to the resources and tools to enhance their lives, that of their families, neighborhoods and state, without discrimination.
United Vision for Idaho’s Code of Ethics
1. We believe it is the primary mission of social movements to enhance human wellbeing, and help meet the basic human needs of all people, with particular attention to the needs and empowerment of people who are vulnerable, oppressed, and living in poverty.
2. We must focus on individual wellbeing in a social context and the wellbeing of society. Fundamental attention must be paid to the factors and forces that create, contribute to, and perpetuate social problems.
3. We believe that social organizations are obliged to promote social justice and social change with and on behalf of individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities without discrimination or regard for any religious or spiritual affiliation.
4. We must be sensitive to cultural and ethnic diversity and strive to end discrimination, oppression, poverty, and other forms of social injustice and we do this through a number of activities from direct action, community organizing, advocacy, social and political action, policy development and implementation, education, and research and evaluation.
5. We seek access for all people to the resources that enable them to enhance their capacity, address their own needs and that of their communities.
6. We also seek to promote the responsible, ethical organizations, communities, and other social institutions that address individual need and social problems.
7. Our work must be rooted in a set of fundamental values and the principles associated with them that stem from a human rights framework and are evidenced in our service, by our abiding commitment to social, economic and environmental justice, and the common good performed with dignity, integrity, competence and compassion.
United Vision for Idaho accepts donations. Donate Now.