Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
To eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide
and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia
through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias. We are here to help.
- We have local chapters across the nation, providing services within each community. Find a chapter near you.
- Our professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 250,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 130 languages.
- We run more than 4,500 support groups throughout the country and connect people across the globe through our online message boards.
- We help people find clinical trials through our free service Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch, which makes it easy to search opportunities based on personal criteria.
- We deliver 20,000 education programs annually and offer online information in 17 languages.
- Our safety services, Comfort Zone and MedicAlert + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return, provide location management for people with Alzheimer’s who wander.
- Our online suite of resources, Alzheimer’s Association CareSource™, helps caregivers coordinate assistance from family and friends, locate senior housing, and enhance caregiving skills.
- Our annual Memory Walk is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research.
As the largest, private non-profit funder of Alzheimer research, the Association is committed to accelerating progress of new treatments, preventions and ultimately, a cure. Through our partnerships and funded projects, we have been part of every major research advancement over the past 30 years. Visit our online Research Center.
- We advance the understanding of Alzheimer’s through our peer-reviewed research grant program, which has awarded more than $265 million to 1,800 scientists since 1982.
- Our annual International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (AAICAD) brings together thousands of researchers to share information and findings.
- Our scientific journal, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, provides a single publication for the global scientific community to share its diverse knowledge.
- Our professional society, Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer Research and Treatment (ISTAART), is the only professional society designed exclusively for individuals dedicated to Alzheimer and dementia science.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!