Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of our 501(c)(3) organization is to provide support, resources and advocacy with the aim of increasing awareness and opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers.
The DSG will provide support, resources and advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and caregivers with the goal of increasing opportunities and awareness. Specifically:
- Promote the development of programs that enrich the lives of individuals with Down syndrome
- Increase public awareness and understanding about the abilities of individuals with Down syndrome
- Encourage inclusion of individuals with Down syndrome in our neighborhoods, schools, places of worship, recreational activities, and places of employment
- Provide education, resources and support to parents and educators to ensure quality education which will prepare individuals with Down syndrome for further education, employment and/or independent living
- Create a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences
Who We Are:
The Down Syndrome Guild of Southeast Michigan (DSGSEMI) is a 501C-3 non-profit organization established in 1999 with a history of responding to the changing needs of individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Who We Serve:
The DSGSEMI serves southeast Michigan, including Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, St. Clair, Livingston, Lapeer and Genesee counties. Our constituency is composed of over 250 individuals with Down syndrome of all ages, 900 family members and over 200 local professionals.
- Karlene Kilburn
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!