Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Washington Water Trust works to improve and protect stream flows and water quality throughout Washington that benefit agriculture, fisheries and wildlife by using innovative, market-based transactions and cooperative partnerships to create balanced solutions.
Our voluntary agreements balance the needs of fish with the desires of water right holders who participate in our projects. After more than a decade of experience, Washington Water Trust has developed a rich project portfolio that provides real incentives for water stewardship. Our projects and services include:Flow Restoration & Protection
- Execute water right sales/leases
- Design water management alternatives
- Leverage funds for projects benefiting stream flows
- Assess water rights and mitigation scenarios
- Execute water use changes
- Develop and administer water banking , water auctions
- Engage stakeholder and agency involvement
- Provide education and outreach
We work statewide and focus on basins identified as critically flow limited. These basins include the Entiat, Methow, Nooksack, Okanogan, Puyallup, Walla Walla, Wenatchee and Yakima Basins. We are also active in the San Juan Islands, Olympic Peninsula, Lower Columbia, Klickitat and Stillaguamish basins.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!