Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Bicycle Alliance advocates for bicyclists and a bike-friendly Washington.
Founded in 1987, the Bicycle Alliance of Washington works to make Washington a bicycle-friendly state for all bicyclist by:
- Identifying, researching, and prioritizing key issues;
- Propose and advocate for legislation;
- Emphasize safety and education;
- Working with bicycle-friendly legislators to gain sponsorship of bills and support for funding.
In the real world, in recent years these goals have translated to:
- Running the Safe Routes to School program in partnership with Feet First.
- Educating bicyclists and motorists about sharing the road through literature and train-the-trainer bike classes.
- Partnering with numerous other organizations to pass the Cell Phone Bill that went into effect in July, 2010.
- Creating Driver's Education curriculum on how to drive safely around bicyclists that all new drivers are exposed to.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!