Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to all domestic animals throughout Fayette County, Ohio, and to provide humane care and treatment for all domestic animals in need of protection. This is accomplished through the enforcement of all laws for the protection of animals, the provision of emergency care, education and assistance with necessities of care.
To reduce and eliminate euthanasia as a method of pet overpopulation control through education, sterilization programs and adoption programs.
To reunite lost pets with their owners.
To strengthen the human-companion bond by emphasizing the value of responsible pet ownership in all our programs.
The Fayette County Humane Society is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to the welfare and protection of the domestic animals of Fayette County, Ohio. We administer several programs in pursuit of these goals. These include:
- Adoption Program: Using only a foster system, we find forever homes for over 400 cats, dogs, puppies and kittens each year.
- Spay/Neuter Program: This program provides assistance for lower-income families for the sterilization of their pets.
- Law Enforcement: The Society employs 2 certified Humane Agents who enforce the humane laws of Ohio and are available around the clock to respond to reports of abused, neglected, injured or abandoned domestic animals.
- Health Care for the Pets of the Indigent: A generous grant allows us to provide basic health care for pets of the most needy Fayette County citizens.
- Trap,Neuter,Return: TNR has been shown to be a more effective method of dealing with the burgeoning stray and feral cat population, and provides for sterilization of stray and feral cats, who are then returned to caretakers who provide food, water and shelter.
- Education: The Society provides speakers for both adult and children's groups, and provides an educational newsletter for area classrooms.
- Jeff Mootispaw
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!