Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to re-invigorate the interest of our nation's youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by producing and presenting the most compelling, exciting, educational and entertaining science gatherings in the United States.
We will accomplish our mission by:
1. Offering stellar, multi-faceted programs with high entertainment value and integrity of scientific content.
2. Appealing to a large, diverse audience of all ages and backgrounds, from professionals to novices, from science enthusiasts to the merely curious
3. Engaging the greatest minds in science.
4. Involving the most dynamic leaders in business, technology, government, education and culture.
5. Building a strong foundation of prestigious and impressive institutional partners resulting in increased communication between the scientific and educational communities.
6. Producing each program at the highest level of quality, applying professional media and theatrical standards of excellence and technical sophistication.
7. Spreading the message through powerful media partnerships and an effective communications strategy resulting in increased public awareness of the importance of science in their lives.
8. Sustaining the Festival's impact through year-round programming and curriculum development and a content-rich, interactive website.
9. Creating a science festival programming template to facilitate the development of more local festivals throughout the United States.
USA Science & Engineering Festival (c/o Science Spark)
Festival Dates: 10/10/10 - 10/24/10
Expo on the National Mall and surrounding areas: October 23 & 24, 2010
The Inaugural USA Science & Engineering Festival, hosted by Lockheed Martin, will be the country's first national science festival and will descend on the Washington, D.C. area in the Fall of 2010. Opening on 10/10/10 with a gala concert of amazing science songs performed by over 200 children and adults at the University of Maryland, the Festival promises to be the ultimate multi-cultural, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary celebration of science in the United States. The culmination of the Festival will be a two-day Expo in the nation's capital that will give over 500 science & engineering organizations from all over the United States the opportunity to present themselves with a hands-on, fun science activity to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
Get involved now: join the over 400 organizations that have already signed up to host an Expo exhibit, become an official Festival Partner, organize a Satellite Event in your community, host a Festival Event, check out our cool school programs like Nifty Fifty and Lunch with a Laureate, volunteer, donate, become a sponsor, participate in one of several contests, buy a Festival T-shirt, follow our blog, and stay on top of it all by signing up for our bi-weekly e-newsletter. Will you be there when science takes over the National Mall?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!