Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
UpStart's mission is to inspire and advance innovative ideas that contribute to the continued growth and vitality of Jewish life. UpStart's vision is for innovation to be integrated into the culture of emerging and existing organizations so that Jewish life will be relevant and meaningful.
- The Bay Area will be the "Jewish Silicon Valley": the engine for Jewish innovation
- Jewish community infrastructure will include:
- A set of new, sustainable companies/organizations that have succeeded in increasing the numbers of Jews enjoying Jewish experiences
- An increased number of strong, existing institutions that enjoy a culture of innovation, learning and renewal that helps sustain their success
How do we realize this vision?
- Create a support network to advance innovative ideas that resonate with the new Jewish community realities.
- Promote those ideas within the local, national, and international Jewish community to help ensure and increase their likelihood of success.
Valuesthat guide UpStart Bay Area:
Life-Long Learning: Applying the Jewish principle of "hafoch ba vehafoch ba vehagi ba dekula ba," "turn her over and over and study her, for all is in her," (Pirkei Avot, 5:19), we are committed to a philosophy of ongoing learning and growth, risk-taking, and concrete skill-building, with an attitude of constant curiosity and humility with regards to gaining knowledge.
Safe and Ethical Workplace: We provide a culture of integrity, teamwork, excellence, and stewardship, safeguarding our human and financial resources to ensure that they are employed for their intended purposes.
Community: We build and maintain a pluralistic, supportive, and productive environment where relationships and connections are founded on the principles of trust, dialogue, and respect for each individual and group.
- Wendy Kenin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!