Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Spoons Across America programs:
- Establish direct and long lasting connections with local food producers and farmers and expand student's willingness to taste and try new and different foods
- Introduce children to the concept of "food miles" and how far food often travels from their origin. Ideas are shared about freshness, energy use, the environment and ultimately how the quality and taste of food can be effected by the distance it traveled
- Foster awareness, understanding and an appreciation of agriculture and the food and fiber system through stories and hands-on activities in the classroom.
- Encourage the joy and excitement of planning, preparing and enjoying meals with family and friends.
- Promote understanding of the value of community, family, teamwork and sharing while building self-esteem and self-awareness.
Spoons Across America is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit that educates children, families, educators and communities about the lasting benefits of eating nutritious locally grown foods. We influence the eating habits of children through hands-on education celebrating the connection to local farmers and the important tradition of sharing meals around the family table. Our experiential nutritional and culinary education programs encourage children to make the smartest food choices inside and outside the classroom while raising their self-esteem and self-awareness.
- Robert Grabel
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!