Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Eaton County Humane Society is guided by a humane ethic to build a community that universally values animals, understands their needs, and takes action to meet them. Eaton County Humane Society will be a regional leader in working toward: Elimination of animal overpopulation and the euthanasia of adoptable animals. Providing quality temporary care to homeless animals then placing them in permanent loving homes. Educating the community on humane treatment and responsible guardianship of companion animals.
ECHS’s five main programs and objectives are:
- Adoption: ECHS will help homeless domesticated animals find permanent, loving homes by increasing visibility of animals available for adoption.
- Sterilization: ECHS will insure all adoptable animals are sterilized prior to adoption or adopted with a sterilization agreement if less than 4 months old. In addition, we will work to educate the public on the importance and benefits of spaying/neutering and, as able, offering low-cost spay/neuter opportunities to low income Eaton County pet owners.
- Humane Education: ECHS will involve and educate the younger generation of Eaton County in animal welfare issues and developing volunteer opportunities for the younger people.
- Brand Marketing: ECHS will work to increase membership, both in numbers and importance by aggressively promoting the organization.
- Community Awareness: ECHS will bring the pet community of Eaton County together by operating a web site covering who we are and what we do and developing strong relationships with veterinarians and other pet service businesses within Eaton County.
Eaton County Humane Society accepts donations. Donate Now.