Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To live in a world where inclusiveness is valued and equal opportunity and justice exist for all.
The New Mexico Asian Family Center is a place for Asian immigrants and their families to share their concerns, to learn about their own and others’ cultures, to build supportive networks, and to increase self-sufficiency.
Started in August of 2006 the NM Asian family Center is a non-profit networking organization. The primary goal of NMAFC is to help Asians and their families to cope wih the following issues:
- Immigration issues & immigrant rights
- Cultural adaptation
- Language barrier
- Family conflicts
- Problem gambling
- Tabacco and health
NMAFC is a clearing house of information and referrals. It collaborates with government, private and other non-profit agencies in the areas of program development, public policy, education, and training.
NMAFC provides comprehensive and integrated social services to the immigrant Asian Population and can assist you, or someone you know, to access educational, legal, and social programs. The center emphasizes family strength and unity as well as an understanding of American society and its culture.
NMAFC respects individual and cultural differences and does not discriminate based on race, ethnic background, religion, beliefs, or sexual orientation.
- Utilize bilingual and bicultural staff, licensed counselors and interpreters.
- Design services to meet the needs of clients.
- Assist clients in becoming empowered, self-sufficient and knowledgeable of their legal rights.
- Address issues of parenting, communication, and anger management.
- Provide services to victims of domestic violence.
- Provide referral services to other agencies.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!