Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Us TOO International is a 25-year-old, grassroots, non-profit prostate cancer education and support network of over 200 chapter support groups worldwide, providing men and their families with free information, materials and peer-to-peer support so they can make informed choices on detection, treatment options and coping with ongoing survivorship. The Us TOO Web site ( www.ustoo.org) - with about 4 million hits a year - is one of the most visited prostate cancer informational Web sites available.
In addition to the 200 chapter support groups operating locally within the United States and in countries throughout the world, Us TOO's main prostate cancer patient programming and support services include:
-Us TOO website (www.ustoo.org)
- Online communities (Inspire and Prostate Pointers)
- Toll-free Us TOO Prostate Cancer HelpLine (1-800-808-7866); which includes matching callers with similar survivors or caregivers for peer-to-peer conversations
- Chapter/support group services & telephone support group
- Monthly Hot SHEET newsletter
- Frequent 'News You Can Use' updates and articles
- Educational content - digital and printed
- Educational events and presentations
- Awareness/fundraising through special events like SEA Blue Chicago Prostate Cancer Walk & Run and numerous local events across the country
- Advocacy initiatives to impact legislation for prostate cancer research funding.