Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide safe, permanent, affordable housing and security from displacement for low- to moderate- income residents.
Purpose: To build strong and stable communities through the empowerment of its residents by offering access to education, health care, training and other vital resources.
Located in Biloxi, Mississippi, Visions of Hope, Inc. comprehensive approach to neighborhood renewal, centering on the provision of safe, decent and affordable housing. The organization also strives to encompass economic development, accessible health care services, partnerships with social service agencies, the development of educational opportunities, leadership and number of other services. Through education, residents can overcome barriers to resourceful living.
• GED/ABE Classes to individuals 17 years of age and older; to provide students with academic remedial instruction, resume writing and basic interview skills training
• Housing education for first-time homebuyers (HUD approved)
(Components include: financial education and credit counseling to enhance opportunities for mortgage approval, overview of real estate, loan processes and qualifications for down payment assistance and mortgage programs for first-time homeowners. Also included are overall roles, responsibilities and advantages of home-ownership, as well as what to do when you realize you cannot pay your mortgage)
• Housing counseling for homeowners (HUD approved); provide credit counseling and foreclosure prevention/loss mitigation services to deter foreclosure and promote the ultimate goals of asset building and homeowner retention
• Financial literacy for adults and high school youth aids budget development and provides tools to avoid predatory practices and excessive credit
• Non-emergency prescription assistance for persons that do not have insurance coverage (including Medicare and Medicaid) - this program complements the emergency prescription program at St. Vincent DePaul Pharmacy. Visions of Hope program is provided through collaboration with the pharmaceutical companies. Patients receive long-term assistance with maintenance medications free of charge or at very nominal cost.
• Tax preparation and e-filing services for individuals with incomes $42,000 or less to ensure that families receive and retain all monies to which they are entitled
• Down payment assistance for 1st time homebuyers - Visions of Hope serves as administrator and housing counseling agency for numerous down payment programs. Among them are: City of Biloxi, Gulf Coast Renaissance REACH Programs, Biloxi Housing Authority, MS Region VIII Housing Authority and others.
• Rent/Mortgage Assistance - Funding is extremely limited and assistance is contingent upon funding availability.
• Youth financial education and leadership training - Financial education is provided to youth enrolled in the local Boys & Girls Clubs and Youth Detention Center.
• Partnership with Usher Raymond IV's New Look Foundation provides opportunities for Coast youth to attend Camp New Look in Atlanta, a free two-week residential camp for disadvantaged youth interested in the business side of sports, video production, singing, acting or dance.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!