Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Eau Claire Cooperative Health Centers, Inc. (ECCHC) is to provide comprehensive, high quality compassionate medical care in the spirit of the Good Samaritan. The Cooperative is a federally qualified, community-based comprehensive medical safety net that provides access to primary healthcare services for a traditionally under served population.
The Cooperative is the largest primary care provider for underserved residents in the Midlands. The Center currently provides a full range of comprehensive primary care, including obstetrics and gynecology, hospitalization and specialty referrals, discounted pharmacy, dentistry, behavioral health and support services for all life cycles. The Cooperative is one of the most cost-effective providers of federally qualified care in the state of South Carolina.
Every day, uninsured and insured alike are waiting for hours and hours in emergency rooms around Columbia for treatment that is much more suited to a doctor's office. The Cooperative's goal of providing access for episodic/acute care, stabilizing, and then redirecting patients to sites that can better provide ongoing continuity of care is a necessary part of solving today's health care problems. We also value the fact that the medical assessment already provided by the Cooperative eases the patient's access to hospital in the event that hospitalization is necessary.
The ECCHC shares the many of the same basic characteristics of federally qualified health centers (FQHC) across the country. These include, but are not limited to:
- The provision of services to the public regardless of the ability to pay.
- The provision of services from all walks of life, including people enrolled in employer-based insurances, Medicare/Medicaid, or public health insurances as well as individuals with limited resources who struggle to access care through traditional channels. This includes the homeless, residents of public housing, migrant farm workers and others with emergent and chronic health care needs.
- The promotion of collaborative community relationships.
- The encouragement of public awareness
- The provision of an alternative to the emergency room or more expensive hospital visits.
- A focus on preventive care.
- Rebecca Dacso
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!