Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
The YMCA of Glendale was founded in 1922, born out of the resident's desire to enrich the quality of life. Overseen by its own members, who volunteer to serve on the Board of Directors, it is managed by other volunteers and paid staff. The YMCA has quietly provided answers to Glendale's changing needs. Today, its 5,000 current active members represent every section of our community. It serves hundreds of additional children through the summer camp programs.
- The most important component of all YMCA programs is character development. There are four core values that build strong children - caring, honesty, respect & responsibility. These values are the tools that help kids overcome the negative temptations of youth like drugs, gangs & crime.
- The YMCA is a not-for-profit organization that is particularly relevant to today's society because it fills a void in the community. It puts Christian principles into practice. It welcomes and supports children and families. It is for everyone - people of all ages, religion, incomes and abilities. The YMCA builds community!
- The YMCA believes that people who cannot afford to pay full costs deserve the experience the Y offers as much as those who can. Donations allow the YMCA to provide membership and programs to people in financial hardship.
- As part of its effort to help people live a healthy lifestyle, the YMCA offers a wide variety of fitness programs including swimming, fitness classes, strength training, racquetball, consultations with fitness experts and much more.
- There are over 500 children taking swimming lessons at the YMCA - every month, all year round. Another 300 children form youth basketball leagues, and over 250 children take gymnastics classes every month of the year. Building confidence in children by developing their physical skills is one part of the YMCA's mission. Showing them how to make sound independent decisions and solve problems is another part. Our summer camping programs provide a setting for this and serve over 600 children a year.
- The volunteers and staff remain committed to modeling and teaching these values: every decision is weighed against them.
- Jeff Reisbeck
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!