Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) was founded in 1973 to support cancer research and public education relating to prevention, earlier diagnosis, better treatments and ultimately, a cure for cancer. NFCR promotes and facilitates collaboration among scientists to accelerate the pace of discovery from bench to bedside. NFCR is committed to Research for a Cure - cures for all types of cancer.
Four nearly four decades, the National Foundation for Cancer Research has been committed to discovery-oriented scientific research - Research for a Cure. We believe that in order to fully conquer this devastating disease, we need to encourage innovative scientists to study cancer at its most fundamental level. Our funding of over 50 laboratories worldwide has led to some of the most significant breakthroughs in cancer research, including treatments such as Avastin and new approaches such as targeted cancer therapies.
The National Foundation for Cancer Research is well-recognized by the scientific community for the unique role we play in accelerating cancer research. There are six primary advantages of our funding over other sources:
- Seed Funding--NFCR provides seed funding for innovative research that is difficult, if not impossible, to obtain from other sources. NFCR has been the incubator for many of the most important discoveries in cancer research over the past 36 years.
- Flexibility--NFCR’s funding is more flexible than other charities, allowing scientists to pursue promising and unanticipated discoveries during the course of their research. This flexibility accelerates the pace at which treatment options for cancer patients can move from bench to the bedside.
- Collaboration--NFCR actively facilitates and fosters collaboration among scientists and serves as a catalyst to accelerate life-saving research.
- Global Reach--NFCR is a bridge connecting scientist in their laboratories around the world in the pursuit of a cure for cancer. NFCR overcomes barriers to progress, bringing the best ideas and the best minds together, regardless of location.
- Multiple Perspectives--NFCR’s multi-disciplinary approach encourages scientists from different fields to join forces to accelerate the pace of cancer research.
- Long-Term Vision--NFCR demonstrates a long-term vision and commitment to cancer research. As a leading cancer charity, NFCR can provide cutting-edge ideas with resources and time to develop.
Looking back over nearly four decades of progress, we are proud of how much the National Foundation for Cancer Research has done, with your help, to further cancer research.
As a charity, we rely on donations from caring individuals to fund our world-class research. The loyalty of our supporters has been critical in helping us get innovative ideas from the laboratory bench to the patient's bedside. To read what our supporters are saying about us, click here.
Looking ahead, we are more committed than ever to funding innovative research and accelerating the pace at which new treatment and therapies are brought to the patients who need them most.