Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Promote peace through mutual respect, understanding, & cooperation - one individual, one community at a time.
Sister Cities International is a nonprofit citizen diplomacy network that creates and strengthens partnerships between U.S. and international communities. We strive to build global cooperation at the municipal level, promote cultural understanding and stimulate economic development.
Sister Cities International is a leader for local community development and volunteer action. We motivate and empower private citizens, municipal officials and business leaders to conduct long-term sister city programs. We believe that sister city programs involve two-way communication and should mutually benefit partnering communities.
Our goals are to:
* Develop municipal partnerships between U.S. cities, counties, and states and similar jurisdictions in other nations.
* Provide opportunities for city officials and citizens to experience and explore other cultures through long-term community partnerships.
* Create an atmosphere in which economic and community development can be implemented and strengthened.
* Stimulate environments through which communities will creatively learn, work, and solve problems together through reciprocal cultural, educational, municipal, business, professional and technical exchanges and projects.
* Collaborate with organizations in the United States and other countries which share similar goals.
- Meghan Schmidt
- Need admin access?