There are many different ways to volunteer...
1. Fostering- Our fosters are so important. Without them, we wouldnt be able to help any dogs! The more fosters we have, the more dogs we can save. Our fosters are not responsible for any vet care/costs. All our fosters do is provide a loving, safe home for a rescue dog until the perfect forever home is found. Our fosters can assist with the adoption process also!
2. Working the Adoption Center- We now have an adoption center in Rochester and in Buffalo!
Our Rochester Adoption center is located at 226 West Commercial Street, East Rochester NY, 14445
Our Buffalo Adoption center is located at 3111 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo NY 14217
Our Adoption Centers are open Saturdays and Sundays from Noon to 4pm. Volunteers can choose which days they are available to volunteer at the center. While there, we speak with visitors about adopting and care for the dogs present. Note: This is NOT a shelter, our fosters bring their dog(s) to the center during the above times when it is open to the public.
3. Home Visits- An important part of our adoption process is the home visits. All adoptions require a home visit done by a volunteer to ensure that the home is suitable for that particular dog.
4. Transport- Sometimes, our dogs need to be transported between cities, for vet care, adoptions or when they are surrendered. Long transports are split up into seperate legs and our volunteers would be able to participate when possible.
5. Fund-Raising- All of our funds come from donations. Fund raising is so important because each penny raised goes to the dogs! Many volunteers help with different fund raisers and we are always open to new ideas!