Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- To teach skills of obsevration, critical analysis, and material techniques;
- To encourage the use of these skills and techniques in expressing a personal viison through work that is made by the artist's hand;
- To provide a warm and engaging environment for artists at every stage of their development and career;
- To be a focal point for artists, critics, and art historians who maintain the living tradition of studio art; and
- to communicate the imprtance and continuing revelance of studio-based art
WASHINGTON STUDIO SCHOOL is a community of artists and students dedicated to the practice of Fine Arts with conscious awareness of both historical traditions and contemporary experience. Founded in 1985, WSS offers classes in drawing, painting, sculpture and printmaking.
Students of all levels develop skills and gain mastery through serious and focused instruction. Working from direct observation in the studio, outdoors and in the study of masterworks at Washington museums, students develop visual perception and understanding of all the ingredients that make artwork.
WSS conducts classes in three 10-week terms in the Fall, Winter and Spring as well as Summer Workshops. Our CERTIFICATE PROGRAM offers committed students the opportunity to pursue a directed curriculum of art classes.
Faculty at WSS are all practicing artists with degrees in Fine Arts. They are eager and accomplished in sharing their knowledge and experience, yet do not attempt to provide students with easy formulas. In providing their students with an arsenal of skills, they maintain sensitivity to each student's individual artistic inclination.
- Suzanne Shwetz
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!