Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Friends of the Dominican Republic (FDR) is an active group of returned Volunteers and Staff, current Volunteers and other concerned individuals who are striving to help Dominicans improve their lives; helping to fulfill the Third Goal of the Peace Corps; and creating a community of all those who have the interests of the Dominican people at heart. We are working to accomplish these purposes by:
- Directly contributing to the work of Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic by providing funding for Volunteer-coordinated activities and projects, and/or in-kind contributions that support the development of Peace Corps programs.
- Supporting the presence of an online community that will enable a diverse array of people, and particularly DR RPCV's, to reconnect, stay connected, and share ideas and experiences.
- Helping to focus on opportunities that support Third Goal activities.
Friends of the Dominican Republic (FDR) is an organization founded in 1998 by former DR PCVs and Staff. The main benefit to becoming a dues paying member of Friends of the Dominican Republic is to continue to be part of a dynamic group of primarily former DR PCVs and Staff who have a special connection with the Dominican Republic. As a group we can coordinate our efforts to make some good things happen in the DR.
Who we are and what we do....
- Member-driven organization, Volunteer-run
- Funded by your membership fees
- We welcome the participation of our members
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!