Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission is the prevention of cruelty to animals by rescuing and sheltering, spaying and neutering abused & abandoned animals; to have an open space facility where animals will be provided with love, attention and medical care that will ultimately lead to adoption; to be an active participant in education and the humane treatment of all animals.
Shasta Animal Welfare Foundation (SAWF) is a non-profit public charity corporation. SAWF will need a minimum of 20 acres plus of land for the no kill animal sanctuary. The first idea to expedite the purchase is: a group of investors which will form a "partnership", all with a specific interest of ownership based upon their percentage of investment. After the land is acquired, the partnership would lease the land back to SAWF and SAWF could then raise money for the improvements to build the sanctuary. The partnership would donate the land to the non-profit once the sanctuary is fully operational with adequate reserves to keep it going (we are projecting within 5 years), which is the goal of SAWF. The purpose of this approach is to procure the needed land sooner and to protect the investment of those who have concerns about donating large sums of money directly to the non-profit prior to a sanctuary being built. The second idea is to do the traditional fundraising and grant writing.
The building facilities will consist of two (2) dog housing structures, (2) two cat structures (Cattery), a caretaker facility, restroom, food preparation area, laundry area, medical exam room, grooming area, isolation room, acquaintance/adoption area, storage room, and offices.
Our first objective is to stop the killing of healthy shelter dogs and cats throughout Northern California. We want to end the situation described as too many pets, not enough homes.
Educate the public about spaying and neutering.
Inspire action on behalf of the animals and to have a no kill community.
To purchase a mobile spay & neuter clinic which also can be used for emergency animal evacuations and off site adoptions
Set a world class standard for animal care.
- To organize group of dedicated people as cofounders/volunteers who want to combine their efforts to start a true no kill animal shelter in Shasta County, California. ACHIEVED!!
- To take in homeless, injured, traumatized, sick, under aged, elderly or feral animals and give them medical attention
- To do TNR (Trap Neuter Release) Programs for feral cats ACHIEVED!!
- To accept dog aggressive and people aggressive dogs & rehabilitate them
- To provide foster care for homeless and abandoned pets, and if necessary provide a lifelong environment and a high quality of life for animals who cannot find a new home
- Lifelong animal return policy
- Have easy public access for adoptions, such as evenings and weekends
- Offsite adoption locations
- No overly bureaucratic adoption policies
- Humane education, educate through various outreach programs
- Disaster Evacuation Plans
- Disaster Animal Rescue Team ACHIEVED!!
- Bequests and Wills to generate revenue
- Sleepovers and field trips for the dogs
- Low costs or no costs spay and neuter services ACHIEVED!! With vouchers
- Public and private dog park at the sanctuary
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!