- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location1061 Market St MezzanineSan Francisco, CA 94103 United States
SMART is a comprehensive eight-year program that provides low-income students in San Francisco access to an exceptional education and the skills needed to thrive in college and in life. SMART’s vision is to end the cycle of poverty in San Francisco by providing students and families academic, social-emotional, and financial support, as well as college preparation and career exploration.
SMART provides a unique 8-year continuum of support that starts in 4th grade and goes all the way to college, including school support, after-school enrichment, summer programming, and college preparation.
The SMART Journey
1. Recruitment: SMART identifies curious and motivated students from under-resourced schools who have the motivation to learn and lack only opportunity.
2. School Enrollment: SMART works with rising 5th and 6th grade Scholars for six weeks to present summer learning loss while developing a strong community bond.
3. School Enrollment: SMART works with families to facilitate the admissions and financial aid process, advocating for families in schools, conducting tours, and training families to become strong educational champions through workshops and one-on-one guidance.
4. Middle School Achievement Program: A twice-weekly after-school program equipping our Scholars with the skills to succeed in academically rigorous schools and in life through tutoring, mentoring, and a curriculum designed to bolster them academically and social-emotionally.
5. College Achievement Program: The College Achievement Program advances SMART Scholars toward high school graduation and college education. Weekly programming supports our Scholars through career and college exploration.