Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
A Bridge 4 Us Community Outreach, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization that attempts to moderate the negative impacts of incarceration. The mission of A Bridge 4 Us Community Outreach, Inc. is to increase public awareness of and support for effective, community-based support services for dislocated men and women that have been previously incarcerated without regard to precipitating factors assumed to have contributed to the onset of imprisonment.
The AB4US Community Program of Charlotte, educates, and train men and women with a criminal background that are dislocated, thus enabling them to become stronger partners in their communities and providing them with the ability to succeed in their life pursuits. We provide them with the community resources that are available within our reach. Without the appropriate education and life-skills training, recently released inmates or people with a criminal background will lack the ability to become productive members of society. We aspire to lessen recidivism and to restore men and women former offenders to becoming productive members of society by:
- Removing barriers to successful community reintegration;
- Educating and Informing participants;
- Developing competencies for independent living;
- Changing participant behavior;
- Linking prison-based services to provide a seamless continuity of services for the released participant;
- Enhancing participant employment opportunities and stability;
- Migrating identified risk factors associated with criminal behavior.
The organization was conceived and organized to address the social, emotional, and educational needs of the North Carolina community, to counteract failure, and to assist in the successful transition to life in a positive environment.
- Elizabeth Rosario
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!