Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Help for today- Hope for Tomorrow!
Harvest Time International is a Hunger & Disaster Relief Organization meeting the needs of families in the US and worldwide.
Local: Each day Harvest Time International assists 500 families with food and household items in our Community Hope Center, 5 days a week.
National: Harvest Time International distributes food, household goods and medical supplies to sustain nonprofit organizations in Florida.
International: Harvest Time International distributes Hunger and Relief products to families in need in developing countries
Community Hope Center :
- Emergency Food Assistance
Families in need receive free vouchers for food and basic household items. Those vouchers can only be used in our Community Hope Center. Churches in Central Florida also give out our vouchers to families coming for assistance to them, instead of having to run their own food pantry, give out certificates for local grocery stores or even give money to the people in need.
- Provides immediate assistance upon qualification
Families in need are able to receive same day assistance after qualifying through our client services caseworker.
- "Basic need" Self sufficiency program, long term assistance program, covers beyond emergency situation
- Our Community Hope Center also offers a long-term self-sufficiency program which families can qualify for. Those families have income, but not enough to fulfill the basic needs. Our program helps those families to be able to take care of their needs by giving small contributions towards the program for the product they receive.
- Many churches, nonprofit organizations and government agencies are sending their clients to participate in this program, since it provides a long-term solution for those families.
- Referral Assistance
Our client Services staff refers clients with additional needs that Harvest Time International is not able to cover to other nonprofits and agencies. The staff is well educated in available services throughout the community. We provide the necessary communication devices and if needed assist with the initial contact to the referred service.
- Governmental application assistance
Harvest Time International provides computers, copier and fax machine for our clients to use for governmental assistance like food stamps and Medicaid in our ACESS Center.
Our staff personally assists the clients through the application. Harvest Time International is one of the Department of families and children’s Community Partners.
- In collaboration with other organizations and companies Harvest Time International offers basic life skill classes to our clients. (Budgeting, Nutrition, Computer classes, etc)
- Participation and sponsoring of community events
- Harvest Time International participates in several community events throughout the year to reach out to families. We also sponsor many community events with needed product donations.
- Harvest Time International distributes food, household goods and medical supplies to sustain non-profit organizations and ministries in the United States.
- In 2009, 35% of our total product was provided to other agencies.
- Harvest Time International ships items like food, clothes, bedding, medical supplies and toys outside the United States to support missions and orphanages in developing countries.
- Volunteer Services
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!