The purpose of VCFS Texas, Inc. is to provide support and resources to individuals with Velocardiofacial syndrome a.k.a DiGeorge Syndrome or 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome (VCFS), their families, professionals, and the community in Texas. We achieve this purpose by:
- Increasing public awareness and understanding about VCFS;
- Creating a forum for the exchange of information, ideas and experiences related to VCFS;
- Improving the provision of services and supports to people with VCFS through governmental agencies, the medical and therapeutic community, educational institutions and non-profit organizations;
- Providing education, resources and support to parents and educators to ensure quality medical and therapeutic treatment for individuals with VCFS in accordance with up-to-date scientific research;
- Providing education, resources and support to parents and educators to ensure quality education which will prepare individuals with VCFS for further education, employment and independent living; and
- Promoting the development of programs that enrich the lives of individuals with VCFS.