Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program, or SHIP, is a national program that offers one-on-one counseling and assistance to people with Medicare and their families. Through federal grants directed to states, SHIPs provide free counseling and assistance via telephone and face-to-face interactive sessions, public education presentations and programs, and media activities.
Help individuals to answer questions about:
- Choosing a health care plan
- Deciding between original Medicare (fee-for-service) and Medicare Advantage Plan
- Understanding your new health plan choices
- How to understand your Medicare bill
- How/whether to purchase additional health insurance (Medigap policy, long-term care insurance, etc.)
- Understanding how to appeal payment denials
- Understanding your Medicare rights/protections and how to submit a complaint about medical care or treatment
- Mary Borland
- 270-737-0669 ext 102
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!