Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To educate the public on the value of trees and the need to properly select, plant and maintain them. This is accomplished by working with community groups on local tree planting projects and by providing informational and presentations.
ReLeaf Michigan is a state wide, volunteer non-profit tree organization. We work with community groups and community leaders on tree related projects;
- Tree plantings on public property
- Participation in environmental fairs and other related events
- Tree Ordinance Workshops
- Street Tree Inventories done with volunteers
- Development of tree management plans
- Host Forestry Network Meetings in lower population density areas to enable those involved with trees no matter what their background an opportunity to learn about topics of their choice and to network.
We also own and coordinate a bi-annual Michigan Big Tree Hunt. A state-wide contest to find the biggest trees " a-round" which culminates in a ceremony to award prizes for various classifications.
We do homeowner education and conduct "Twilight Arboreteum Walks" which are open to the public.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!