Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ethiopian Kids Community nurtures connections and provides support for families with Ethiopian American children.
EKC exists to:
- Celebrate Ethiopian culture through education and events.
- Connect families who have Ethiopian American kids.
- Encourage fellowship for families in every stage of the adoption process.
- Provide cultural and adoptive resources.
- Seek opportunities to give back.
- Promote positive self-identity and self-esteem.
- Plan annual EKC Summer Mehaber.
Ethiopian Kids Community was born out of one family’s desire to have their Ethiopian born children stay connected with other Ethiopian adoptees. The idea of EKC was quickly embraced by other adoptive families and soon after, members of the Ethiopian American community. EKC started as monthly gatherings where children who were adopted would reconnect. It then grew to include mom’s night outs, which provided an outlet for adoptive mother’s to ask questions, share resources and grow as adoptive parents. Soon after, EKC began planning an annual summer gathering, the Mehaber, where over 900 people attend to learn more about Ethiopian culture and reconnect with friends. As EKC continues to grow, we hope to offer more resources for teaching kids and parents about Ethiopian culture, as well as provide families with opportunities to give back to Ethiopia.
- Kathy Griebel
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!