Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Greater Cleveland is dedicated to empowering those living with mental illness and their family members to achieve a better quality of life by providing education, support, information, and referrals.
NAMI Greater Cleveland provides services to those with serious mental illnesses and their family members through a variety of support and education programs. In addition, we advocate on behalf of our members and the community on issues related to mental illness. Program highlights include:
- Support Groups: 16 groups providing mutual support averaging 2,500 visits per year;
- Helpline: providing information and referral to over 1,485 callers per year;
- Educational Courses: free classes, including NAMI’s signature Family to Family course, reaching over 75 participants per year;
- Outreach: providing information about mental illness via our Community Education Nights, Speakers Bureau and Health Fairs to more than 1,100 people per year;
- Multi-Cultural Outreach: providing specialized services to the African-American and Hispanic communities, including Spanish-language courses and materials.