Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Affinity Hospice of Life's Mission is to ensure all people have the opportunity to receive end of life care which preserves dignity and provides comfort.
Affinity Hospice of Life provides individualized and ethical care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of people in the last phase of life, those dying from a terminal illness.
- Hospice reflects a spirit and philosophy of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying.
- Hospice makes it possible for the dying to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Hospice emphasizes the control of pain and other symptoms and dying in familiar surroundings.
- Hospice is centered on the patient, family and the caregiver.
- Hospice personnel respect and respond to the unique differences in family or caregiver lifestyle, values and wishes.
- Hospice provides palliative care in the patient's home, short term inpatient care, mobilization and bereavement support.
- Hospice affirms life.
- Hospice believes that through appropraite care and the promotion of a caring attitude, patients, families or caregivers will attain a degree of mental preparation for death.
What Affinity Hospice of Life Represents - The colors of the sunflower...yellow, orange and red...represent energy and vibrancy, and the sunflower itself is a symbol of life. The word Affinity means a relationship between people having sympathy toward a common purpose. The focus of Affinity Hospice of Life, with its sunflower logo, is on life. Though our patients have an illness that is life limiting, they deserve to live as fully and comfortably as possible during this period. We at Affinity assist the patient and the loved ones to live with dignity and comfort while preparing for death and bereavement.
Affinity Hospice of Life offers an interdisciplinary team approach of the following staff and services to ensure that patients and their families are treated with dignity, respect and compassion:
- Your personal physician
- Hospice medical director
- Trained nurses
- Social workers
- Certified nursing assistants
- Compassion Givers (formerly called volunteers)
- Bereavement coordinators
- Medications related to the illness
- Medical supplies related to the illness
- Medical equipment related to the illness
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!