The Helotes Humane is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 all volunteer organization incorporated in March of 2008. We are dedicated to helping improve the lives of companion animals in our growing community and surrounding rural areas. We accomplish our main goa... Read more
The Helotes Humane is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 all volunteer organization incorporated in March of 2008. We are dedicated to helping improve the lives of companion animals in our growing community and surrounding rural areas. We accomplish our main goal by promoting the benevolent treatment of animals through community education, outreach programs and promoting responsible pet ownership. We encourage foster care as an alternative approach to traditional shelters and distribute pet food to individuals and other animal support groups.
To achieve our mission, we pursue the following goals:
1. Establishing a network of foster families within our community to care for abandoned and neglected dogs and cats
2. Conduct public adoption events to focus on finding suitable permanent homes for animals
3. Promote low cost spay and neuter services and responsible pet ownership at all HHS events
4. Establish a lost and found network for the community
5. Provide low cost mircrochipping to the public
6. Provide healthcare to include extraordinary veterinary expenses associated with diseases such as heartworm and feline leukemia
7. Provide ongoing public education about animal health, welfare and available resources
8. To keep pets in their homes by providing temporary food to families who might otherwise be forced to surrender their pets to shelters
9. To assist other animal support groups by providing pet food on an ongoing basis
10. To rescue shelter animals in support of the City of San Antonio's
The Helotes Humane Society helps homeless animals in our community through education, adoption, and promotion of low cost spay and neuter resources.
I have been a volunteer and member for years for Helotes Humane Society. I have worked in the thrift store Second Chances as well as fostered. Currently working on the landscape of the new HHS property. Great cause, great organization!
We adopted two cats from Helotes Humane Society this past summer. Process was very friendly and easy, we were giveng all paperworks and even food for first few days for our baby kittens.
Society also helped in spaying process, which took a lot of pressure off my shoulders.
When we had question about one of the kittens health call was answered immediatly, and we were provided with all needed info.
Thank you for two cuties!!!
PS: we want to volunteer there!!!!!!!