Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Just A Start House recognizes that the lack of safe, affordable housing and adequate support systems for young families has led to the increasing rate of homelessness. In our effort to prevent and eliminate homelessness and empower young families, we endeavor to:
- Provide a safe and supportive refuge from homelessness and abuse;
- Help young women gain the knowledge and life skills they need to live independently and to advocate on their own behalf;
- Encourage mothers to enhance the self-esteem and security necessary for the positive nurturance of children;
- Value human dignity; increase the respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of each individual; maintain a commitment to address the issues of oppression, including racism, classism, sexism, and homophobia;
- Create an environment, which extends beyond the shelter for young families as they transition into permanent housing.
Just A Start House is committed to maintaining an interracial and intergenerational community of residents, volunteers and staff. We strongly believe that mutual learning in a creative and loving environment can bring hope and healing to our community.
The purpose of Just A Start House is to provide a safe, comfortable place for homeless, pregnant and parenting teens and their children. Each woman who comes to JASH has unique talents, abilities, and needs. We encourage women to respect and be sensitive to each other's differences. The goal of JASH is to help teen mother's develop skills, knowledge and the ability to live independently. All residents, children and staff can learn from each other.
- Britni Clark
- 617-776-8353 X15
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!