Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Bonneville Shoreline Trail is a proposed three hundred mile long trail for non-motorized use that will span the foothills of the Wasatch Front from Juab County to Cache County.
The ideal alignment of the trail is on or near the foothills bench formed by the eastern shoreline of ancient Lake Bonneville. While it is recognized such an alignment is not possible throughout the entire length of the trail, planners are urged to vigorously seek a route as near to the Bonneville Shoreline as possible in order to achieve the following objectives:
1. To provide access to the canyons, streams, mountains and other features in our Wasatch foothills by locating the trail high enough on the slope to provide ready access to public lands.
2. To provide a place where walkers, runners, bicyclists and horse users can experience their recreational pursuits at a distance from automobiles that is both safe and aesthetically pleasing. (On some sections of the trail, it may not be appropriate to include all uses--pedestrian, bicycle and equestrian--but planners are urged to accommodate as broad a range of non-motorized users as possible.)
3. To provide citizens an opportunity for quiet and scenic recreational use that is nearby, yet apart from the developed urban area of the Wasatch Front.
4. To provide rapid deployment of fire fighting resources to the urban/foothills interface while at the same time serving as a buffer between the developed urban area and the more natural environment of the foothills.
5. To contribute to the preservation of aesthetic, wildlife, historic and educational values of the foothills.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!