Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide comprehensive data, trusted analysis, and influential policy recommendations that enables government and social service agencies to acquire more resources, improve services, and implement effective solutions to prevent and end homelessness in the San Diego region.
The work of the RTFH to identify, assess, and meet the housing and service needs of the homeless began in the mid '80s. Established as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation in 2004, the RTFH board is representative of persons from private industry, the City and the County of San Diego, the United Way, business and community improvement groups, homeless service providers and advocates.
The RTFH is sponsored by HUD, the City and County of San Diego, the United Way of San Diego, and other local jurisdictions.
The RTFH addresses homelessness in a variety of ways, including...
- Increased ability to prepare statistical and programmatic reports for funders, boards and other stakeholders
- Managing a centralized system for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information on homelessness.
- Providing technical assistance and training for local service providers.
- Empowering service providers in our region with key data and reports: homeless counts, locations, beds, services, etc.
- Conducting statistical research, advocacy.
- Initiating policy and collaborating closely with community groups, public entities, and others to implement plans to address homelessness.
- Publishing plans and special reports on a variety of topics relating to the causes, conditions, and responses to homelessness