Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
CFHI provides community-based Global Health Education Programs for health science students and institutions. Our unique model fosters reciprocal partnerships and empowerment in local communities -- transforming perspectives about self, healing and global citizenship.
What We Do:
- Foster educational global health experiences that sparks transformational personal change for all involved
- Work to achieve sustainable solutions in healthcare services and disease prevention
- Emphasize respect and understanding across cultures
- Facilitate the sharing of medical resources, knowledge, and experience
- Give priority and direct resources to underserved communities, empowering them
Dr. Evaleen Jones launched CFHI in 1992, after witnessing babies being born on newspapers during her travels to Ecuador. Since then, CFHI has successfully expanded around the world. We now work with hundreds of international partners in the medical profession who provide services in Bolivia, Ecuador, India, Mexico, Argentina, South Africa, and Uganda. Our partnership-based programs have grown from one to over 20:
- India: Tropical Disease Challenges, Rural Rotation, Intro to Traditional Medicine, Palliative Care, Ophthalmology, Maternal & Child Health, Community Medicine
- South Africa: Challenges to Healthcare, HIV/AIDS
- Mexico: Clinical Rotation, Tropical Medicine, Womens Reproductive Health, Beginner Spanish & Healthcare
- Ecuador: Beginner Spanish & Healthcare, Reproductive Health, Andean Community Health, Urban & Rural Health, Amazon Community & Indigenous Health, Dental & Oral Health, Sexual Health
- Bolivia: Pediatric Medicine, Remote Healthcare
- Argentina: Hospital Medicine, Primary Care, Nursing
- Uganda: Nutrition & Sustainable Ag., HIV & Maternal/Child Health
Providing a comprehensive curriculum to approx. 720 students a year, CFHI has matured into a nationally recognized organization. With the support of these students, our partners serve hundreds of thousands of patients in rural and urban underserved communities around the world every year.
CFHI at a Glance:
- Founded: 1992
- Full-time employees: 6
- Board members: 9
- Paid partners abroad: 192
- Partner clinics/hospitals: 75
- Student volunteers since 1992: 8,000+
- Universities of origin for students: 590
- Program sites supported: 20+
- Onsite coordinators at each site: 2-4
- 2006 Budget: $10 million
If you would like more information about Child Family Health International, you can see many of our exciting projects on our website - www.cfhi.org.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!