Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
- Education & Literacy
- Homeless & Housing
Location7310 Woodward Ave Suite 800Detroit, MI 48202 United States
Guided by our belief that no one should live in poverty, Wayne Metro empowers people and communities to be strong, healthy and thriving. We envision communities where all people have hope and opportunities to realize their full potential.
Wayne Metro Community Action Agency (Wayne Metro) provides services to help people achieve their goals for Healthy Homes, Upward Mobility, and Family Success. Key to this work is our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure our staff and systems our accessible and welcoming to all people.
Annual Agency Impact
- 4,153 participants increase their financial capabilities through workshops, coaching
- 2,021 participants receive free tax preparation
- 794 children improve their Kindergarten readiness through early childhood education
- 610 youth improve academic progress through youth empowerment programs
- 873 households who are at-rick of homelessness maintain housing
- 2,701 households improve home energy efficiency through home repairs
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 15 small Detroit-based organizations assisted with the Detroit Residents First Fund that works to elevate the voices of local Detroiters
Over the last four decades, the Agency’s budget has grown from $100,000 to over $100 million while continuing to maintain a low administrative rate (8%) that allows $.92 of every funded or donated dollar to be utilized for direct client services.