Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE) finds adoptive homes for children and teens in foster care.
MARE works mostly behind the scenes to
- DEVELOP a PROFILE of each local youth in need of adoption,
- DESIGN a targeted plan to recruit potential parents for each waiting child,
- INFORM adults about the general need for adoptive families,
- EDUCATE prospective families about the adoption process, supports and benefits,
- MATCH prospective parents with specific children awaiting adoption,
- MOVE youth from temporary foster care to permanent family life.
MARE is the organization behind the Wednesday's Child profiles on WBZ TV and Sunday's Child in the Boston Sunday Globe, as well as nearly 30 other media outlets. We create the Heart Gallery photography exhibit of children in need of adoption. We host Adoption Parties to give children awaiting adoption the chance to get together with their peers, and to meet adults interested in adoption in a low key setting.