Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
" We provide quality public transportation choices for our community that meet the needs of our growing region."
We're Ready to Go Wherever Life Takes You
At Capital Metro, we transport more than 140,000 passenger trips per day. The mobility we offer creates significant benefits for the community, every day. When you have a choice in transportation, you're ready to go wherever life takes you.
Here are a few ways Capital Metro benefits the community:
- Serves as a community partner by taking people to special events like the Trail of Lights during the holidays and UT football games in the fall as well as celebrations such as the Fourth of July and Martin Luther King Jr. Parade.
- Enables people to access opportunities that allow them to accomplish what is important to them, such as getting to work, to the store or to the doctor. This makes the community stronger and more vibrant.
- Preserves the things we treasure about Austin. Capital Metro enhances Austin's quality of life, clean environment, beautiful public spaces and vibrant downtown.
- Plays an important role in Austin's infrastructure by providing a foundation for key services beyond basic transportation. Capital Metro services support local events, nonprofits and emergency services.
- Provides individuals with the freedom to go where they want to go.
- Gives people access to everyday activities. Keeps seniors independent, disabled people mobile and helps all community members stay active and involved.
- Allows people to make choices that improve their lives.
- Eliminates the stress of driving in overcrowded and even dangerous situations.
- Eases congestion for everyone by taking drivers off the road.
- Offers reliable, inexpensive and efficient transportation options for Central Texans.
- Reduces wear and tear on highways and saves transportation costs for both highway and transit users.
- Helps reduce the emission of hydrocarbons nationally. This reduces a primary cause of smog, and of nitrogen oxides, which can cause respiratory disease.
- Carmen Gonzales
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!