Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Since 1925, it has been the mission of the Kiwanis Club of Palo Alto
- to offer hands-on support to many agencies and community service organizations in Palo Alto,
- to foster the Objects of Kiwanis in our deeds,
- to further the aims of Kiwanis by developing sponsored youth clubs: Circle K (college students), Key Clubs (high school students), and Builder's Clubs (elementary and middle school students) to pass on the value of community service by example and support,
- to sponsor new Kiwanis Clubs, and
- to invite all members of our community to join us in service to our community.
Our club has faithfully served the Palo Alto and the Stanford Area for 81 years. From its early days of donating milk and cookie money to support school children to current projects like serving meals at Clara Mateo, making repairs at local day care centers, at the Duck Pond, and at local city parks, members of the club pride themselves in being hands on supporters in the community.
Our regular Thursday lunch meetings are at the Sheraton Hotel in Palo Alto, CA.Our projects have included:
- rebuilding playgrounds,
- painting schools
- park cleanup days,
- staffing registration for biking and running fundraisers of not-for-profits,
- participation in Rebuilding Together and Habitat for Humanity,
- planting trees and taking tree inventories,
- handling logistics at a children's arts festival, and
- packing and wrapping toys and gifts for the holiday Giving Tree program.
- Ann Eddington
- Need admin access?