Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The MISSION of the Home of Life Community Development Corporation is to aid the development of the holistic person by providing supportive services designed to enhance the physical, mental, spiritual, nutritional, social and educational well being of families. The services provided will improve the quality of life in the community and promote healthier and happier individuals.
OUR OVERALL PURPOSE IS TO:
- Provide cultural and social programs to youth.
- Promote a decent environmental atmosphere through the use of community development and rehabilitation programs.
- Provide educational support, such as scholarship awards to youth and adults who want to further their education.
- Feed the homeless and low-income families.
- Assist our clients in gaining the skills necessary for them to participate in chosen activities, access, and master new environments.
- Provide training and skills that will enhance personal functional efficiency that will increase the possibility of self-reliance.
- HLCDC is committed to meeting the needs of the community and neighborhood
HLCDC has been serving low-income families, children, youth and other individuals in need the Austin and West Garfield Park communities since 1993. Children’s services include Daycare/Childcare centers for children ages of 3 to 5 (Headstart and State Pre-K) and 0 to 2. Youth service programs include after school, academic and homework assistance programs, drug and gang prevention, life skills, computer skills, job training and placement, and a scholarship program. Other programs offered by HLCDC include a structured program for those involved in the Criminal Justice System, a community development program designed to develop abandoned homes for low-income families, and a financial services training and placement program.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!